Dan lagi..dan lagi..dan lagi..
Oil Price and Bus Fares
1. Every time the Government increase oil price, the bus companies would be told not to increase fares.
2. I do not like to see passengers having to pay more. But how do bus companies make profit or even survive if increases in cost are not compensated by increases in fare.
3. I can understand if the Government requests the bus companies not to increase fares too much. But there must be some increase.
4. Perhaps the Minister does not understand that businesses are not charitable organisations. If the Government cannot be charitable by absorbing the cost, why should businesses be asked to absorb the cost in order to make the Government look good.
Government to cut down cost
1. As one of the measures to reduce the effect of the increase the price of oil Government will reduce spending.
2. Since salaries and operation cost cannot be reduced, development cost would have to be curtailed.
3. When Government projects are stopped a whole lot of people will lose their income. This include the contractors, the sub-contractors, the suppliers, the transport companies and of course the workers. But even the nasi lemak sellers would lose their income and the workers would have no money to eat at the stalls.
4. Actually this was what happened when the Government decided not to go ahead with the so-called mega projects. With this idea about reducing Government spending the people who had suffered would suffer even more.