Thursday, October 09, 2008

When I grow up..

I want to be a scholar..

Dictionary.com : a learned or erudite person, esp. one who has profound knowledge of a particular subject.

I do have a particular subject. I want to learn psychology. I want to learn psychology. I want to learn human behaviour.

So much about technical courses. I have never regretted taking up science stream in school and graduated in engineering. I'm proud of it. It helped me in shaping me to be the way I am and where I am now. Now, it's time for me to do something that caught my curiosity, something of my interest. Human behaviour, cultural, cross-cultural and social science are such interesting studies. A lot to learn about things that are closely related to our beings, manners, response, development.

...How Europians can maintain cleanliness in their cities, at home, in the kitchen compare to us for instance. How the state of minds and mindsets differ.
...Why are there so many accidents on our roads. What is it that we lack of? Why the Germans can speed a hundred and eighty kilometres per hour on the autobahn during winter and the accident rate there is not as scary as in our country. Again, how does our state of minds differ there?

Very intriguing.

And I also hope that by learning this field, I am able to better understand and handle my parents when they are at their golden age. I hope I can give them sufficient attention. Sufficient.

No comments: