Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tommy Hilfiger racist remarks

I think most of us have received an email with below content,

"Oprah's interview and Tommy Hilfiger Good for Oprah!!!! I'm sure many of you watched the recent taping of The Oprah Winfrey show where her guest was Tommy Hilfiger. On the show, she asked him if the statements about race he was accused of saying were true.

Statements like"... if I'd known African-Americans, Hispanics, Jews and Asians would buy my clothes, I would not have made them so nice. I wish these people would NOT buy my clothes, as they are made for upper class white people."

His answer to Oprah was a simple, "YES". Where after she immediately asked him to leave her show."

Apparently, this is a Big Fat Lie untrue. Oh my, internet can be very mean at times.

OPRAH WINFREY 1999 STATEMENT
I've Never Even Met Tommy Hilfiger
"The rumor claims that clothing designer Tommy Hilfiger came on this show and made racist remarks, and that I then kicked him out. I just want to say that it is not true because it just never happened."

No comments: