Wednesday, July 22, 2009

People with problems don't usually, or rather, most of the time, do not admit or better, do not accept the fact that they have problems.

Personally, the moment i admit or again, rather, accept the fact that I have a problem would mean that is it a sign of defeat. weakness. oh someone, please evaluate my ego level.

Nevertheless, it is a cliche after all. The first step to recovery is admitting that 'whatever the issue' is your problem.

Our local AKPK (Agensi Kounseling dan Pengurusan Kredit) debt management program rule of thumb is, admitting that you have a credit problem by cancelling all your credit cards and you will not be able to apply for any loans within the duration of recovery program. Gold cards, platinum...cut cut cut! There goes your image. pride. ego.

A more complex or detailed manner of acceptance is the Kubler-Ross model of five stages of grief,

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

which is a more dramatic aproach for something such as accepting that you have a problem of course because it is more towards, death and dying. let's not go there at the moment.

Nevertheless, it is about acceptance, acknowledge and respecting the sentiment.

And for all those bla bla blah....is actually an introduction of here I am acknowledging myself having a problem of which I called, my love-hate relationship with-money.

I have a love-hate relationship. and it's with money.

Thank you.

- may be elaborated when I am ready to talk about it.

No comments: